Meet the 11 most promising startups selected to pitch at Seedstars Douala 2017
On September 29th, 11 of Cameroon's most promising seed stage startups will compete to represent the country at the Regional and Global Seedstars Summits, and to win up to USD 1 million in equity investments and other prizes.
Seedstars World, the global seed-stage startup competition for emerging markets and fast-growing startup scenes has brought its pre-selection rounds to an end and selected 11 promising tech startups to pitch at the Seedstars Douala pitching event on September 29th at 4pm at ActivSpaces.
The top startups selected to advance to the pitching event are:
- Allodoc: Allodoc is a web and mobile application linking health professionals and the population in need of care and promotes preventive medicine.
- Bridge Africa Ventures: Whether you have access to the internet or not, Bridgeafrica.com can help you create websites, access databases, and network.
- Cloomify: Cloomify is an easy way to discover the world and be everywhere at the same time, even without internet.
- Drone Africa: intelligent drones in central africa to reduce mapping cost and improve local security.
- GiftedMom: GiftedMom is democratising health information access in emerging markets through an AI-based remote medical support platform.
- Guanxi Investment: Guanxi is a platform which enables entrepreneurs in Africa to be smartly visible online and raise funds for their activities.
- iDjangui: iDangui is trying to bridge traditional finance and modern financial institutions in Africa; bringing light on the grey economy.
- MyExpressTicket: MyExpress Ticket built an intra-urban bus booking platform to revolutionize the entire transport industry in Cameroon.
- Ratagrab: A fast food delivery platform in Cameroon.
- VIKI: VIKI AI generates leads from Twitter , Facebook, LinkedIn posts activities.
- Save Our Agriculture: Save our Agriculture conceives and makes urban aquaponics units to help small rural producers cope with logistics problems that make food overtly expensive in retail markets.
Beyond the local event, Seedstars World is working very closely with Enel Green Power to source the most innovative business models in the energy sectors and ones that are fostering socio-economic development in rural villages in Africa. Up to 5 best startups in this sector will be invited for an exclusive RES4Africa networking event taking place later this November in Nairobi and compete for an Africa Energy Prize which consists of a financial contribution and a three-month acceleration programme for a total value of up to $50,000.
The event was made possible thanks to the support provided by our local ambassador Steve Tchoumba from ActivSpaces, and our regional partners Orange, Enel Green Power, Merck, VC4A and Microsoft 4Afrika.
The Members of the public are encouraged to come join the fun and will be treated to the 11 startup pitches. Registrations for the event can be made on the Seedstars Website [https://www.seedstarsworld.com/event/SSW-Douala-17].