The top startups to advance to the final event are:
- LangBot: A gamified and AI powered language teaching chatbot
- Mak-Addis Tutors: A platform for individualized teaching services for each student based on need
- Meda Messenger: An app that will let you chat and transfer money from a single chat screen.
- SemayDocs: SemayDocs is a platform that enables business to digitize and effectively manage documents through automating paper based processes
- smsCrush: Smscruh uses sms notifications to deliver news and provide services to its users.
- SRE: Siree is a device that brings the power of online education to the offline world.
- ZayRide: ZayRide is a smartphone app that provides on-demand taxi, ambulance and delivery services.
The startups will pitch in front of a jury that consists of Marc Lepage, Africa Knowledge and Innovation advisor at UNDP Ethiopia, Eleni Gabre-madhin, CEO at Ethiopia Commodity Exchange, Shem Asefaw, Entrepreneur & Angel Investor at ShemTECH Ventures, Eyob Tolina,Director at Schulze Global, and Fanny Dauchez, Associate for Africa at Seedstars World.
On a regional level, Seedstars World is working very closely with Enel Green Power to source the most innovative business models in the energy sectors and ones that are fostering socio-economic development in rural villages in Africa. Up to 5 best startups in this sector will be invited for an exclusive RES4Africa networking event taking place later this November in Nairobi and compete for an Africa Energy Prize which consists of a financial contribution and a three-month acceleration programme for a total value of up to $50,000.
Members of the public are encouraged to come join the fun and will be treated to the 7 startup pitches. Registrations for the event can be made on the Seedstars Website [www.seedstarsworld.com/event/seedstars-Addis-Ababa-2017].