The top startups selected to advance to the pitching event are:
1) ADN an IT consulting company specialized in Data Analytics and focused on providing business analytics solutions for African organization
2) BAYSEDDO 2.0: a platform that allows farmers to finance their crop
3) Carvi Writer: the first publishing company of books and audiovisual production in Africa, it makes money and movies with your writings.
4) Dassur: an insurance distributor which uses Messenger
5) MaTontine provides access to small loans and related financial services like micro-insurance by digitizing traditional savings circles.
6) PayDunya: is a one stop shop to create, manage & grow sales on social networks and get paid from all relevant payment methods in Africa with CRM toolbox
7) SenCivilities: allows the management of civil status, request of remote birth certificate, and geolocation of the undeclared children
8) Walam: a mobile platform based on sharing economy that let people put their skills to the service of other people without having money.
9) SKILLAKE: a job marketplace, to help American and European companies find qualified IT professionals in Africa with a perfect match
In order to provide local entrepreneurs with this opportunity and aiming to deliver the best possible event, Seedstars World is closely working with Groupe Cofina, main supporter for Seedstars World Senegal. “ Groupe Cofina is proud to support innovation and entrepreneurial spirit in Senegal by partnering with Seedstars World for Seedstars Dakar 2017 competition which aims at sourcing the most promising and innovative startups in Senegal” explains Laissa Mouen from Groupe Cofina.
Beyond the local event, Seedstars World is working very closely with Enel Green Power to source the most innovative business models in the energy sectors and ones that are fostering socio-economic development in rural villages in Africa. Up to 5 best startups in this sector will be invited for an exclusive RES4Africa networking event taking place later this November in Nairobi and compete for an Africa Energy Prize which consists of a financial contribution and a three-month acceleration programme for a total value of up to $50,000.
The event was made possible thanks to the support provided by Groupe Cofina, our local ambassador Concree, and our regional partners Enel, Orange, Merck, VC4A and Microsoft 4Afrka. Locally, further support is provided by McCann Dakar, Accor Hotels, Kinaya Lab, ADEPME.
The Members of the public are encouraged to come join the fun and will be treated to the 9 startup pitches. Registrations for the event can be made on the Seedstars Website [https://www.seedstarsworld.com/event/SSW-Dakar-17].