Meet the 8 Tech Startups Selected to Pitch at Seedstars Abidjan
On September 8th, 8 of Cote d'ivoire's best seed stage startups will compete to represent the country at the Global Seedstars Summit and win up to USD 1 million in equity investments and other prizes.
Seedstars World, the global seed-stage startup competition for emerging markets and fast-growing startup scenes has brought its pre-selection rounds to an end and selected 8 promising tech startups to pitch at the Seedstars Abidjan pitching event on September 8th at 4 pm in the Auditorium of the Banque Africaine de développement.
The top startups selected to advance to the pitching event are:
- AGATHA a platform that allows clients to connect with craftsmen in all sectors to provide services on demand.
- AYNID a search engine for products made and sold by Africans.
- CINETPAY a mobile money payment gateway that enables e-merchants and merchants to accept mobile money and card payments, online or offline.
- GRAINOTHEQUE a mobile application that uses image recognition to detect, quantify and classify plant diseases.
- WEFLY AGRI a drone that enables farmers to get updated information on the state of their crops and fields with analytics to help them make better decisions.
- YOUNG POWER SIVE invention, a plastic device enabling to protect the cup that collects the rubber trees' latex or natural rubber against rainwaters.
- ZEBRA MOBILE provides stations that fix connected objects in less than 40 minutes with affordable prices, a unique after sales service and a complete transparency.
- EDUCAS CONSULTING an education platform that allows anyone to learn independently and access additional support ressources.
Beyond the local event, Seedstars World is working very closely with Enel Green Power to source the most innovative business models in the energy sectors and ones that are fostering socio-economic development in rural villages in Africa. Up to 5 best startups in this sector will be invited for an exclusive RES4Africa networking event taking place later this November in Nairobi and compete for an Africa Energy Prize which consists of a financial contribution and a three-month acceleration programme for a total value of up to $50,000. The event was made possible thanks to the support provided by our main sponsor TRECC, our local ambassador Ifid, and our regional partners Enel, Orange, Microsoft, and Oracle. Locally, Seedstars World has worked with the Andrew YoungCenter for Entrepreneurship, the African Leadership Bank, and the Swiss Embassy. Media and outreach partners include VC4A, Baby Lab, 5k Startups Hub, Smart Creators, Alassaut and Linfodrome.
Members of the public are encouraged to come join the fun and will be treated to the 8 startup pitches. Registrations for the event can be made on the Seedstars Website [https://www.seedstarsworld.com/event/seedstars-abidjan-2017/].