Seedstars selected 8 most promising seed-stage startups in Kazakhstan
On Saturday, 8th of July, 10 of Kazakhstan's most promising seed-stage startups will compete to represent the country at the Seedstars Summit and win up to USD 1 million in equity investment.
Seedstars World, the global seed-stage startup competition for emerging markets and fast-growing startup scenes has brought its pre-selection rounds to an end. With the support of main partners of the event Swiss Pavilion Expo 2017 Astana and MOST Business Incubator, Seedstars World will be holding a dynamic pitch event on 8th July 2017 at ForteBank HQ.
The top startups to advance to the grand final are
- AdBird, automated service that allows advertisers to promote thru influencers in social networks.
- Constant-lab developed Clockster — an advanced cloud-based time and attendance system, based on biometric devices.
- Guide me: Almaty tour, service to find tour operators, guide, and tours. The app will help you find, organize a suitable tour, and will also serve as a platform.
- Kelin, an anonymous social network for future and current wives.
- Diodey, smart LED lighting which allows people to have quality lighting, to control it by smartphones and save the cost of electricity up to 80%.
- ONCOSCREEN is a patient-oriented mobile application for early detection of cancer within all screening oncology program.
- NiceWidget is the smart voice assistant for online stores that grows their conversion rate by providing voice control feature.
- Tutelar Electronics, service which integrates citizens into the ecosystem neighbors to make our cities more humanized and kind.
The winner of Seedstars Astana will represent Kazakhstan at Seedstars final event held in April 2018, where all 80+ regional finalists will compete for the USD 1,000,000 of equity investment from Seedstars and global partners.
The line up of jury members of the Seedstars Astana competition will include:
Kairat Akhmetov — Founder Open Technologies Group, Korkem Telecom, CTO & Co-founder at PowerWiFi.
Magzhan Madiyev — CEO at Ino Group,
Adil Nurghozin — Partner at I2BF Global Ventures,
Daria Golikova — Associate for CEE region at Seedstars World.
The event will be kicked off with a speech of Ambassador Mauro Moruzzi, Head of International Relations at the Swiss State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation.
There will be held a panel discussion: "The Past, Present and the Future of Fintech in Kazakhstan and in the region". The speakers will include Alexey Sidorov, Founder & CEO at Prodengi, Baur Bektemirov, Chief Economist at AIFC, and Pavel Koktyshev, Co-founder & CEO at MOST Business Incubator.
All selected startup attended an invite-only Bootcamp on July 5th, where they got the feedback session from local and international mentors about their pitches. Mentors included Miras Ibraimov, Creative Chief & Founding Partner at CrossFit Astana, Agahuseyn Ahmadov, Associate for CEE Region at Seedstars World, Pavel Koktyshev, Co-founder & CEO at MOST Business Incubator, Almas Kebekbayev, Founder at TOP.kz.
"Seedstars World is a platform connecting investors to the next generation of startup entrepreneurs, pulling the spotlight from Silicon Valley and Western Europe. As this will be our second time to organize our event in Astana, our excitement level and expectations are high. We have heard so much about the bustling startup ecosystem in Kazakhstan and we are now here to witness the reality” explains Katarina Szulenyiova, COO at Seedstars World, “We are impressed by what we have seen on the continent so far and cannot wait to add startups from Kazakhstan on our map".