Tuesday, November 14, 2017 — From May to October 2017, Seedstars has been on a tour across 15 markets in Asia hosting its local competitions that aim to select the most promising seed-stage tech startup from each ecosystem. The winner of each local competition goes on to participate at a regional and international level in the Seedstars program.
Over the course of the tour, Seedstars visited (in chronological order): India, Singapore, Thailand, Myanmar, the Philippines, Malaysia, South Korea, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Vietnam.
To wrap up the 2017 tour, Seedstars is now preparing the Seedstars Asia Summit, which will take place on November 29th at Ananda Development (11th Floor, FYI Center). The event brings together the best and most promising entrepreneurs who won their local competitions , ecosystem players, mentors, investors, corporates and other entrepreneurs from across Asia.
The Seedstars Asia Regional Summit will last for 3 days and bring together 250 attendees commencing with a bootcamp for the participating startups, one on one mentoring sessions, an investor forum and culminating with a conference and pitch event on the 29th of November that will feature the startup pitches, keynotes, and panel discussions that will engage a range of topics and ideas pertinent to entrepreneurs and ecosystem players in the region.
The event is supported by the National Innovation Agency of Thailand (NIA), Amazon Web Services (AWS), the Omidyar Network, Charoen Pokphand Group (CP), Ananda Development, and Merck.
The 15 startups who will be representing their ecosystem are:
-CMED Health Limited, Bangaldesh: CMED is an IoT enabled cloud based preventive healthcare platform that monitors health parameters, predict health risks, and reduces health costs.
- Emotics, Hong Kong: Emotics increases engagement with compliance training in heavily regulated industries using machine learning and facial expression analysis.
- Event Banana, Thailand: An online marketplace that connects venue providers with event hosts looking for the right space for their occasions.
- FinChat Technology, Singapore: FinChat make messaging ( WhatsApp, WeChat ) compliant with data retention regulations, so bankers can reach out to the billions using these messaging platforms.
- GaraSTEM, Vietnam: Garastem creates learning kits to stimulate curiosity in kids and help develop their STEM skills
- Jendo - Innovations Pvt.Ltd, Sri Lanka: Preventative cardiovascular healthcare that helps people reliably measure their risk by assessing their endothelial functionality.
- Kargo, Myanmar: Disrupting logistics in Myanmar by connecting businesses to their fleet of independent truck drivers and trucking companies.
- Neurostic, Pakistan: Neurostic rehabilitates amputees by cutting the cost of prosthetics through innovative, local development and manufacturing.
-OCheng, China: OCheng's end to end social CRM platform use AI to send personalized message to millions of wechat followers, driving engagement and purchase
-PolicyStreet, Malaysia: PolicyStreet hand picks, curates, and offers best-in value insurance products to groups.
-Profound, South Korea: Profound connects consultants and industry experts to clients in need of business expertise for spot and project consulting opportunities.
-Sayurbox, Indonesia: Sayurbox is a tech-supported fresh produce distribution platform sourcing directly from producers and delivering to customers.
-ServeHappy Jobs, the Philippines: ServeHappy Jobs helps service businesses with their HR painpoints by leveraging smart bots in social media and messaging technologies to reach the 51M Filipinos on Facebook.
-Tootle, Nepal: A low cost, convenient, and secure last mile, point to point ride sharing platform for two-wheelers in Nepal. There is a special emphasis on accessibility for the visibly impaired and safety features for women.
-VdoCipher Media Solutions Pvt Ltd, India: One stop video streaming solution to prevent piracy and provide smooth delivery of content. Proprietary Encryption & Watermarking technology.
The Seedstars Asia Summit is invite only for ecosystem players across Asia. Tech or startup enthusiasts who would like to meet the startups, take part in the workshops, and absorb the keynotes at the Summit are welcome to request an invite at email@example.com. More information on the agenda of the Summit day can be found here: seedsta.rs/SSWASIA17 .
Associate for Asia
Associate for Asia